Security Installer Community

Heitel dvr and ip cameras

digitecks

I have quite a few older heitel / camdisc dvr / nvr recorders and have fitted hikvision / hi tel ip cameras  to them , 

but since a few months a go and the newer software  and higher resolution in the cameras they are not compatable  with the older recorders ,

has any one use a different camera that works ,

I do have to down grade them to 2 mp and work well for what I use them for 

i have a quantity of theses recorders so rather find a camera to suite , rather than replace the recorder 

Many thanks for any info / help you can give 

1 hour ago, digitecks said:

I have quite a few older heitel / camdisc dvr / nvr recorders and have fitted hikvision / hi tel ip cameras  to them , 

but since a few months a go and the newer software  and higher resolution in the cameras they are not compatable  with the older recorders ,

has any one use a different camera that works ,

I do have to down grade them to 2 mp and work well for what I use them for 

i have a quantity of theses recorders so rather find a camera to suite , rather than replace the recorder 

Many thanks for any info / help you can give 

Possibky You probably find it's better what your doing , use up recorders with newer cameras and switch them to h264 

It's probably also the compression setting older recorders won't like the h265 

2mp is generally ample for what we view the cameras on, anything above that absolutely kill bandwith , so if they work fine on 2mp then you will find the picture quality also superb and just leave them at that. Certain things help the system run smoother like... FPS (real time is 12.5 FPS) so to run it at any more than 15 would be squeezing the system.

52 minutes ago, dyn6mite66 said:

2mp is generally ample for what we view the cameras on, anything above that absolutely kill bandwith , so if they work fine on 2mp then you will find the picture quality also superb and just leave them at that. Certain things help the system run smoother like... FPS (real time is 12.5 FPS) so to run it at any more than 15 would be squeezing the system.

Depends on your setup

2mp has been around a long time and 4/5mp becoming similar priced , new installs if customer can pay 5mp is the way forward , there will always be business for it because of amount of systems out there