Security Installer Community

Securitech Active 5

Hi There,

I am wondering if someone can provide me with some advice. The house currently has a securitech active 5 alarm system installed. However it has not been albe to be set or unset due to the fact that many years ago, when new doors and windows were fitted. The installers cut off the door sensor on zone 1. leaving just the wire. The sensor was not replaced and as a consequence, the alarm has been in the same state since. the panel shows a flashing red led in zone 1 and a flashing red led in the tamper zone. Needless to say, resetting the alarm isn't possible because of the missing door sensor. What is the best way forward with this. Join the wires to make a loop as if the door was closed, and then try resetting the alarm. Or has anyone any other advice. I did replace the internal battery a few years ago so other than the sensor problem. I believe it would work correctly once that is sorted.

I look forward to any replies and thank members in advance.

Yours, Colin 

The best way forward would ideally to have the door contact replaced so the system is functioning, then have it checked over fully by a competent engineer.

You could look to replace the contact yourself if you feel able.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

4 minutes ago, norman said:

The best way forward would ideally to have the door contact replaced so the system is functioning, then have it checked over fully by a competent engineer.

You could look to replace the contact yourself if you feel able.

Hi Norman, I was kinda thinking along those lines too. if I did replace the sensor, would it trigger alarm as I reconnected. or would it still say silent because of its current state. the only other think with regards to replacing the sensor, is which wires to connect, assuming there are 4, but if only 2 then that's simple.

Best regards, Colin

12 minutes ago, col5339 said:

Hi Norman, I was kinda thinking along those lines too. if I did replace the sensor, would it trigger alarm as I reconnected. or would it still say silent because of its current state. the only other think with regards to replacing the sensor, is which wires to connect, assuming there are 4, but if only 2 then that's simple.

Best regards, Colin

Hi Colin, 

It would more than likely alarm internally every time you touched the tamper pair and alarm pair, no big deal but a bit of a nuisance.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Two circuits not one, so you would have to experiment with joining two pairs of wires. But even once you have worked out which two pairs and joined them, it is unlikely that the system will set, the panel is normally waiting to see you go out by opening and closing the door when your setting. You may be lucky and the the system maybe programmed as timed set, but even then when you come back in the door would normally start the entry timer. So any detectors after the door will cause an immediate alarm, because the alarm has not seen the entry door open so thinks you have broken in. So the door contact ideally needs to be replaced.