Security Installer Community

From Unknown PIR to Dual TEC

6 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Until something complicated needs to be done .....

But competent diyers don't ask question you have asked above , I think that's what was meant above

The commentator above doesn't know enough about me or my background to pass judgement. As I said, there is nothing complicated about this stuff. It's just a matter of familiarization.

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, RayPooley said:

The commentator above doesn't know enough about me or my background to pass judgement. As I said, there is nothing complicated about this stuff. It's just a matter of familiarization.

Perhaps your right about judgement,

Have you fitted the pirs yet?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RayPooley said:

Ex  Construction Engineer, Banker, software eng.... blah blah blah

But inexperienced in the field of "alarm monkeying"

Even with your 2 degrees you made the mistake of employing a "prick end" to "bell up" your cafe... I suspect you didn't use a proper co.

The basic function of the alarm movement detector is to detect an intruder within the "protected premise" vandalism of the brick coming though the window isn't an intruder

• Upvote 2

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

2 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Perhaps your right about judgement,

Have you fitted the pirs yet?

The PIRs have been fitted for three years. If you read my previous response to other members you will get a better idea of the context. If your'e interested of course. There seems to be surprisingly little in depth information about these sensors on the suppliers' web sites. 

1 minute ago, MrHappy said:

Ex  Construction Engineer, Banker, software eng.... blah blah blah

But inexperienced in the field of "alarm monkeying"

Even with your 2 degrees you made the mistake of employing a "***** end" to "bell up" your cafe... I suspect you didn't use a proper co.

The basic function of the alarm movement detector is to detect an intruder within the "protected premise" vandalism of the brick coming though the window isn't an intruder

Two degrees and a Masters actually. But I'm not the first and I won't be the last to put my faith in an incompetent service provider.  

Just now, GalaxyGuy said:

Thanks again although it's probably the brick I need to detect more so than the glass. What do you think?

5 minutes ago, RayPooley said:

The PIRs have been fitted for three years. If you read my previous response to other members you will get a better idea of the context. If your'e interested of course. There seems to be surprisingly little in depth information about these sensors on the suppliers' web sites. 

I talking about new pirs have you changed them all over or still investigating

I talking about new pirs have you changed them all over or still investigating

Two degrees and a Masters actually. But I'm not the first and I won't be the last to put my faith in an incompetent service provider.  

Thanks again although it's probably the brick I need to detect more so than the glass. What do you think?

So how will you detect brick flying through air before it hits the window?

I not trying to be funny btw

Just now, al-yeti said:

So how will you detect brick flying through air before it hits the window?

I not trying to be funny btw

I don't intend to. I can't afford to pay for a force field around the building and NASA won't let me have one for free. So the next best thing is to detect the brick as it enters air space and is flying through the air as it enters the window. It seems reasonable to me that any cold flying objects inside the building during closing hours have come from outside so it's something one should be aware of as soon as possible.