Security Installer Community

What wireless equipment for house and garage

My brother currently has 2 alarm systems, one in his house:
            Scantronic 500r, hard-wired external bellbox, 1 wireless PIR, 2 wireless door contacts and a remote control key fob
            This system is in permanent tamper mode due to the contacts frequently falling off the doors.

The other one in his garage (recently installed after a break-in into the garage):
            Yale HSA 6400, wireless external bellbox, 1 wireless PIR and 1 wireless door contact

The garage is detached but probably no more than 10 metres distance from devices to preferred location for control panel.

His original plan was to replace the 500r with the HSA 6400 but he found that the signal from the garage PIR to the control panel was unreliable, he thinks due to the metal garage door. I have also pointed out to him that using a standard PIR in a garage is likely to create false alarms and he should be using dualtechs or quads and also the garage should be zoned for 24-hour but dualtechs can't be connected to the HSA 6400. I also think that dualtechs might consume a lot of battery.

He wants to have a speech dialler (GSM communicator for SMS would be preferred but mobile phone coverage in his area is a bit flaky)

So my questions are, and I do appreciate that there probably isn't any one answer, can anyone recommend a suitable system/manufacturer and is there a better wireless contact/PIR more suitable for a garage? He wants to do the job himself so the equipment has to be available for him to purchase and he prefers wireless because getting a cable to his garage will be a mammoth task.

Someone has suggested Visionic and Pyronix in addition to Honeywell

Thanks (in anticipation).

Hi al-yeti and sixwheeledbeast

Thanks for your replies. Spent the weekend comparing the Pyronix and Visionic systems and my brother has decided to go for the Pyronix Enforcer V10. Being ordered today for installation next week. Will provide an update after the installation