Security Installer Community

Security Alarm help required

1950Norman

Hi, I'm having problems with my burglar alarm system. To cut a long story short I replaced my old bell box with a neone of the same make and model Ventcroft compact using the engineers code and following the instructions supplied. After doing this it would not work and went into tamper mode. I then turned off the power supply to the control panel took out the fuses and checked them rewired the bell box and rewired the bell box wires in the control panel. I replaced the fuses, switched on the power, nothing happened apart from my keypads won't work no lights showing only a feint glow from the keypad. If I remove the bell box fuse from the control panel the bell box strobes flash and the sounder goes. If I refit the fuse strobes stop flashing and sounder stops. Also I replaced the battery in the control box so that is new. As I don't know what to do to get it into a working mode I have removed the black connection from the battery in the control panel turned off the power supply and turned the battery link in the bell box off. Can anyone please help? I think my control panel is an Accenta G3 without keypad.

Normaly there will be a back tamper (A switch that becomes open when the bell box is pulled from the wall) and a lid tamper this is sometimes on the screw that holds the lid on, sometimes its a spring that becomes open when the lid is removed or opened. 

Normally the switch requires a little adjustment to make sure that it is closed properly when the BB is screwed to the wall or when the lid is closed .

30 minutes ago, 1950Norman said:

Sorry i did know where the tamper switch is in the BB, it was seated correctly when I fitted the lid on and it clicked when I screwed the holding screw in.

Thats the front one(s), how about the rear (it's not a bellbox I'm familiar with)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

20 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Thats the front one(s), how about the rear (it's not a bellbox I'm familiar with)

Think this one has two side screws right one has a side operating tamper switch , it can also move out of place once clicked , some versions had wire links to cut to switch from.scb San and so on , funny little box