Security Installer Community

My iApollo HD Lite was hacked - help!!

James.wilson....I'm so confused now. What do you mean? 

Can someone explain why DMZ is a bad idea? Could that be what caused me to be hacked? 

1 minute ago, MrHappy said:

IIRC "system" was on every dahua dvr but was a local user ?

But on every user did it say...your account has been hacked please secure" by the side of it? 

Can someone elaborate please as I'm not very familiar with a lot of these terms but am willing to try to grasp it all. 

Poor password can cause problem often

Dmz basically opens all ports to your dvr if that's what was set to dmz , then perhaps combination of weak password and full access via ports it could be hacked 

You should be disabling and securing any user access not in use 

dmz on most domestic routers forwards everything to that ip. Never a good idea opens up ftp, ssh, telnet etc etc

should never be done and only done when the uneducated thinks it will make it work. It will work but opens up a security nightmare. I don't like port forwarding much less dmz.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Crumbs! I give up. Not really sure how to secure my cctv network then. Can any of you give me step by step instructions as to how to do it? If DNS is poor and P2P worse, then what else is there to enable remote viewing?

With regard to the P2P - if it was hacked, would that provide a door to my whole network or just to my CCTV box? I'm not sure how all this networking works

Edited by Fairweathergardener

1 minute ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

There is no step by step instructions available. It goes far deeper than "DNS" and "P2P".

Every network and site is different and most DIY kit is easily compromised.

Security is about layers, the bigger the carrot the more layers you need.

Ok fair enough...think I need a course! :unsure:  With regard to the P2P - if it was hacked, would that provide a door to my whole network or just to my CCTV box? I'm not sure how all this networking works