Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 help req

Keighley

I have the engineers code I just want the engineers codes to reset it to disable the one key arm mode

The main capacitor had blown the large one near the transformer

I am not sure how old it is as it was in when I purchased the property I think it is from 2001?

Edited by Keighley

Enter the engineering menu using the engineer code, that you, apparently have, go to miscellaneous options 00, 3, and change it to not single button setting, simples.

Be aware that all versions of Veritas have the option of locking the engineer code, if that option has been enabled by the original installer there is no easy way to reset the code to factory default. 

Edited by Rulland
Added more

programed it last night all went well, armed ok through the night but when I disarmed it this morning the mains went in the box and it started running on battery (all fuses are ok,)

as we are away quite a bit I don't want to risk it going off so I am going to bite the bullet and buy a complete control box they are only £45 inc post and you get a key pad

Does any body know if the transformer is included  with the kit, I am nearly sure it is but not 100% sure?.

it will drive me made and I wont be able to sleep if I don't find out what has gone wrong so I am going to find out before I fit the new panel 

so there is one question I would like to ask,

what is the OUTPUT voltage of the transformer? at the present 240v in  20.5v out

and any other comments on fault finding this fault will be welcome

thank you

What are they?

I don't know what you mean (English key pads) the one I have now only shows red light when programing?

as I am only a DIYer  I thought it would be best to one out one same back in as all the connection will be the same but if you have better idea please tell me

looks like the transformer is ok then.?

as I don't know about alarms, I have had two Veritas systems in properties I have owned that is why I can usually get by if anything goes wrong

Edited by Keighley