Security Installer Community

Maglock Curiosity

ElecTech

Guys - quick curious question...

What is it within a monitored maglock that determines the light to go either green or red?

I had a door that seemed lock but didn't turn green, when it grabbed tighter to the magnet the light turned green which is correct.

I was just wondering what mechanism it uses within the maglock to determine if it is fully secure or not.

The led should go red when the mag is engaged, not green, green unlocked, red locked.

The armature needs to be the right way round to use the 'hall' effect there is a dimple on the armature that needs to be closest to the electrical connection end on the mag for it to work correctly. 

1 hour ago, Rulland said:

The armature needs to be the right way round to use the 'hall' effect there is a dimple on the armature that needs to be closest to the electrical connection end on the mag for it to work correctly. 

Does not matter for sensing the amature, the dimple you'r on about is a spring is designed to push the amature off the lock when no power to lock, and is to be fitted furthest from the door hinge.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.