Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800+

Hi
I have a Scantronic 9800 and just updated to 9800+ after main  board failure.

All ok except the internal sounder is deafening on alarm set. The volume control does not alter it and there does not seem to be a setting that will allow just key pads to bleep only.

Is there a setting to turn off the internal sounder on a set but activate on an alarm? I cannot see a setting in the manual that would cover this.

If there is not a setting to do this can I run the sounder off the strobe circuit so it only activates on alarm?

Thanks

Adrian
]

Edited by bazzacool

15 hours ago, bazzacool said:

Hi
I have a Scantronic 9800 and just updated to 9800+ after main  board failure.

All ok except the internal sounder is deafening on alarm set. The volume control does not alter it and there does not seem to be a setting that will allow just key pads to bleep only.

Is there a setting to turn off the internal sounder on a set but activate on an alarm? I cannot see a setting in the manual that would cover this.

If there is not a setting to do this can I run the sounder off the strobe circuit so it only activates on alarm?

Thanks

Adrian
]

IIRC the entry exit tone volume control on the 9800+ was moved to a trim pot on the PCB itself, rather than a programming function.

This was IIRC a Bodgy McBodge to enable the former command 28 to be reused to enable or disable 'hide status' in the day mode, or something like that...

The old 9800 would merrily tell any burglar that could see it that 'Day' mode was in use and it was OK from a risk to employment status PoV to break in.

The volume will always 'go up to 11' on a real alarm, regardless of the EE volume, I believe.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Many thanks to you all for making me focus on the pot. It suddenly dawned on me that the test sounder feature used full volume and I would need to set the system to hear the real volume (not alarm). After a few tries set it at just above zero and sounder is now tolerable,

Thanks again

Adrian

ps Yes I may be stuck in year 2000 but I can wire and programme the 9800/9800+in my sleep and while there are still spares around it does work fine.

31 minutes ago, bazzacool said:

ps Yes I may be stuck in year 2000 but I can wire and programme the 9800/9800+in my sleep and while there are still spares around it does work fine.

used or new old stock via fleabay,

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

it is odd why people upgrade to 20 year old stuff. Its a good job it not doing anything important like protecting... btw I have a load of 30 yr old airbags for vw's. Sold as seen get in quick

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I'd rather have a 20 year old scantronic than some modern 1 way wireless tat. All about the risk?

Seems like a simple swap like for like, it's the same reason obsolete keypads sell well on ebay.

Very easy to swap something like for like, although I have known "engineers" to get this wrong.