Security Installer Community

Hi

Nich

47 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

He works in Birmingham. He lives in a different county altogether  

You mean country, after brexit  your all in trouble m1&m40 will have border control

We dont work to EN50131, we work to PD662 which calls up EN50131 and other British standards, the security industry has never been fully EU. They adopted the standards they wanted then introduce PD6662 to cover what the UK manufactures wanted.

There are some great panels and equipment in Europe, but we cant use them in the UK. Most of the UK panel makers sit on the boards discussing the standards and then write things in to PD6662 to protect their market place. 

If we stay in the EU the we should be able to buy panels that are EU approved, always wanted to use Satel which I can't so i am pushed towards a UK panel. 

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

30 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

rich that isn't the case. The manufactures don't want pd6662 and are trying to get rid of it. But other people, myself included want it but not for protectionism

Why cant i use Satel panels? they can make them conform to BS8243 and they conform to various EN but they cant be used for install in the UK, just checked and they are Graded.

http://www.satel.pl/download/info/MD-DANE.TECH.EN-EX.pdf

Edited by Nova-Security

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

47 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I would of thought you could. I would assume it meets 6662 anyway. And you could self certify assuming it does

Its doesn't meet PD6662, but it does EN50131 

So i cant use them, who pushed for PD6662 ? 

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk