Security Installer Community

Changing Alarm bell boxes to Texecom Odyssey X3- Multiple unit,

Hi Technical,

I wondered if you could advise me, as i have the Texecom Veritas R8 system.

I have 8 sensors, 3 remote key pads, control panel R8 and 2 external alarm boxes.

However my 2 old alarm bell boxes was not the Texecom odyssey brand.

My front Alarm Bell box was faulty, as the alarm was keep triggering off, this was the 1st Alarm bell box at the front of the house.

Battery voltage on the multimeter reading it was 11.20volt.

I have checked the voltage on the control panel on on the wiring on the (SAB) , so i placed the multimeter on the terminal B and A on the control panel on the bell box wiring and i see a reading 8.50volt DC.  Reading on A and D is 11.20volt DC.

Transformer Voltage and it was 18.30AC to 18.60AC .

However to cut the long story short, i am now replacing the both Both Alarm bell boxes to Texecom Odyssey X3 BE.

My concern is the i am wiring the multiple wired unit, so 2 bell boxes , one at the front of the house and the rear of the house.

Do i need to have the jumper switch on the SCB on both alarm boxes or 1st Alarm box needs to be SCB and the 2nd Bell box on the SAB.

1st bell box i need to remove the Tamper wire from MSW 2, however the MSW 1 this will remain on the 1st bell box.

So the 1st bell box spare Tamper wire MSW 2, which i disconnect, i need to join it with the extra cable on the Alarm cable and then join this cable from the Control panel, so this can be linked to the bell box 2 on the MSW 1.

Do i need to anything on the LC (Low Current) Jumper swtich or do i leave it as it , which is off on the Unit bell box, as i will be setting the Alram bell box to SCB.

I would appreciate your help and advice.

Kind Regards

Caretaker

Control Panel (1).jpg

Control Panel (2).jpg

Control Panel (3).jpg

Control Panel (4).jpg

Control Panel (5).jpg

control panel.jpg

This is the Rear Alarm bell box pictures, which was workign fine, but due to problem with the front of the house alarm bell box keep triggering, so this is the reason i am now replacing both Alarm bell boxes, so the new alarm bell boxes matches the Texecom brand.

Bell box (1).jpg

Bell box (2).jpg

Bell box (3).jpg

Bell box (4).jpg

22 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

wow, that looks like 2 bell boxes, 3 keypads & 8 pirs off a 1amp veritas....

BTW your global tamper will never work...

AgreedPSU required and the tampers need to be in series unless you have some sort of open circuit tamper thing going on 

Hi All,

Thank you for your reply.

Is there is a problem on my Alarm system, as this was installed back in 2007 and never had a problem since then.

It is now the front of the house bell box was playing up.

So how do i check the Global tamper or is it because there is too many wires going into the Tamp (Brown and Yellow).

Thank you for all your replies.

I had a problem on my alarm system, as the front of the house bell box was sounding intermittently, there was no tamper on the  key pads remote and the power was on (solid green light), as there is no flashing light on the control panel R8.

I have taken the battery out, as the alarm was keep triggering off intermittently. if you press the key it just would not accept, so i suspect the 12Volt battery and checked the voltage and it was 11.20Dc Volt.So i thought Battery still have some life.

However i have 2 bell box fitted one at the front and one at the back. The back bell box is ok, as there is no activation , as it is only the front of the house bell box triggering.

Without checking and going up the ladder, i thought the Front of the bell box, could  of have been damaged from the weather, as the wiring and the alarm system was installed about 8-10 years ago and there has not been work carried out since and i suspect it is the front of the house bell box.

When i placed the battery it will not let me invoke the bell box, as the sounder keep triggering off intermittently.

disconnected  the B terminal cable in the control panel for the  sounder, if it does make a sound then the cable is faulty, if it doesn't, then the Bell box is faulty.

Transformer voltage, which was reading 18.30-18.60 Ac volts..

You have one wire in the tamper return for the bell so I take it that either you have wired the tamper returns in series, or only connected one tamper return. You have two negatives in the bell power terminals and the circuit tampers are not wire correctly which would suggests to me that you probably havent wired the bell return in series  at all, and probably only have one bell tamper returned. The current being drawn from your system when in alarm is higher than the power that your control panel is able to supply. 

Before you go and waste money on buying two new bell boxes.

1. Do you understand what series means?

2. You need another power supply to run everything that you are trying to run off of your panel. At the moment you are trying to tow a caravan with a 50cc motor bike, you may be pulling it along okay but you are putting enormous strain on everything, and eventually something will give.

Your transformer should be around 19.5vAC the 12dc output should be 13.5Dc so I would say the panel power supply is on its way out, or the battery in your multimeter needs changing, assuming its calibrated.