Security Installer Community

Risco Agility - stays in exit mode forever

Buttons

If I set the alarm from the smartphone app, standing next to the panel, the alarm sets immediately (no beeping - just the voice saying "system is set"). 

If if I then stand there and wave my arms around at the hall sensor (front door still shut) nothing happens.

When I open the front door, it goes into entry mode.

Edited by Buttons

That's annoying! Surely it couldn't of gone off coincidently when the time delay finished? Could you wave for longer then open the door to be sure? The timers are globally set (not by sensor) so it doesn't make sense to me unless something is broken on the door sensor like PeterJames mentioned.

After more testing, this is what I learned:

-- If I use my phone, the alarm sets immediately. There is no delay, and no beeping. I can immediately open the front door and it will go into entry mode.

-- If I set the alarm from the panel, and then open the front door, I have about 30 seconds until the beeping stops and then the alarm arms.

-- If I set the alarm from the panel, and then don't open the front door, the alarm stays beeping in exit mode forever. When eventually I open and close the front door, it arms after 30 seconds.

-- Whichever way I set the alarm, the hall sensor does not detect movement when full armed - it seems to be there only for Night mode (to detect when I come down the stairs). 

So it does look like it's failing to detect the door opening/closing - but that doesn't explain why it only happens (intermittently) when leaving, and never when returning?

I think that just from time to time it does not pick up that the door sensor is not all ways picking up that you are opening the front door, I have had this happen to a system, This only happen a few times, changed the sensor and fixed the problem

The smart phone app is designed to set unset the alarm when you are not there (remotely), so the panel is not waiting for you to open and shut the door before it arms. When you set the alarm from the keypad the panel knows you are there and is waiting for you to go out so it wants to see the door open and close again, if the contact is not opening when you open the door it wont know you have gone out so it will continue to give exit tone.

But dont just take my word for it, go on keep asking these numpties questions LOL! 

do you have the LED on the door sensor turned on?

(you can see if the door reed was activated if it was turned on).

are you using the one way door contact or the 2 way?

Once the exit mode is started opening and closing the door when the zone is programed as final exit should set the system,

Changing the zone to a e/e zone type would make it a time set.

The app sets it very quickly as theres no need for the app to see the door open and close.

what is the signal strength for the door contact?

Edited by secureiam