Security Installer Community

Accenta G4 Mini Commisioning Issue

Hi all

Assistance appreciated please.

I'm a qualified electrician and have experience installing alarms for over 20 years. All that I've ever fitted have worked perfectly, however there's always a first!

i removed an ageing and defective veritas 8 today which had been constantly faulting. I fitted the accenta kit with lcd rkp and honeywell sab. When I came to commission, the system immediately went into full alarm, however when I inputted the default user code, the display came up with 123456578 on the top line, then F0000000 on the lower line. When the engineers code is inputted, the alarm goes off, and it does the same when the "X" is depressed at the user restore screen. In short, I can't get the damn thing to do anything without going into the alarm immediately....

During the removal of the old system, I checked the tamper loop continuity at 5 ohms. There were only 4 cores at the original rkp, the rest having been cut off by the original installer, so i couldnt connect the rkp tamper switch at the panel and left the zone shorting link in....all unsused zones have shorting links also....

Any ideas folks?

I thought it was when you put an LCD on other versions , ie led keypad still required bit LCD has funny display which allows key inputs but nothing displayed , just code on and off

think F is first to alarm anything else would be marked with a 1 not 100% sure not set one up for ages, belw would look like zone 1 first to alarm zone 3 second. All other ccts secured, you can select to view as LED on a LCD Keypad in event log menu so would show up like this below. This only shows like this on LCD after alarm occred and before a user reset

12345678 TP

F0100000 00