Security Installer Community

What Is Your Thoughts On Engineer Reset

So I take it you have engineers reset in your T&C plus do you inform the customer

Any approved company that is taking the liability on will yes. Question though these systems you take on, you are protecting yourself and your insurance co as an 'expert'?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I have coded reset on my systems for tamper. I will reset if I think its genuine like the decorator mention but I have also had this go wrong when I go back to jobs where I have found detectors and contacts left hanging and taped up but lucky for me no robbery.

Really ? Some customers may say thats stretching it a bit plus I have come across a couple of Galaxy jobs where the engineers code is locked in so that cannot be right . We are talking about a domestic situation where the customer never agreed to it or worse was never told

Its normally all there in the paperwork, specifications are ten pages long without the kit list. At the end of the about efficacy, if the system doesnt work the insurance company will come after the installer. Once the contract is cancelled the customer can do what they like with the system as the responsibility is no longer with the service provider, but at the same time you cant expect the SP to come and default the reset settings for nothing. 

So I take it you have engineers reset in your T&C plus do you inform the customer

Doesn't everybody.

Do you carry professional indemnity and efficacy insurance for this trade?

How do you think things will go when one of your customers gets done over and their insurers ask who last maintained the security system?