Security Installer Community

Pir Upgrade To Camera Enabled

rijmrijm

hello to all, 

i have a normal professionally installed wired alarm system in my home, is it possible to change the pirs to camera containing pirs and have my control panel changed or added to so that my alarm system doubles up to a cctv system?

basically i dont want to run more wires all over my house, but use the existing wires to a dual alarm/cctv system that can be accessed from my phone, etc. remotely...

any advice?

thanks

more of a question of interest, maybe 1 camera inside, 3 outside, but dont want wires showing outside either. neighbours had it done, wires all over the place....

If you dont have any cables outside already then how were you expecting to use the alarm cables? In all honesty get three quotes and talk about how they installer will install the system, any installer worth his salt will work out the best way to install the system without cables all over the place.  You can search using your postcode here http://www.nsi.org.uk/directory/#topformand here www.ssiab.co.uk