Security Installer Community

Questions About Fcu

bennynoneck

Hi,

Can I just ask a couple of quick questions please? Obviously you use 2.5mm T&E cable to the FCU which feeds the alarm control panel, but:

1. What cable comes from the FCU to the control panel? If it's going to be plain old 1mm T&E can I use 1.5mm without any probs (I have a load of this!)?
  2. Should a 1.5amp or 3amp fuse be used in the FCU?
  3. Should the FCU be unswitched?

Many thanks in advance.

If you have to ask these questions you probably shouldn't be doing electrics. Stick it on a plug or get somebody qualified in.

Agreed, these are 'worrying' questions but if that was the case, the OP wouldn't be asking. Not giving the information can be just as harmful IMHO.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

cheers.

I dont see them as worrying questions. You have to find out somehow and someone must have told you at one time! There are no stupid questions, otherwise some people are going to guess and guess wrong.

As for cable theres no harm in over-rating but there is in under rating. I guess 1mm flex would be suitable. Ill maybe get a metre specifically for it. I presume you can use alarm cable to the keypad.