Security Installer Community

Best Combined System For Medium Size Business

Hi All,

We're considering a system which covers access control and intruder alarm in one. We've just competed our new factory/office building, previously we used separate clock in systems, and a single door card reader entry system, and a separate intruder alarm. We're growing and are currently a medium size company, we're sole sited, and have 90 employees.

I want to gauge the general consensus on which systems are best, to use from an installers perspective as I'm worried about being blown away by jargon and sales pitch when we get quotes! 

The main things we're concerned about are value for money, ease of use and reliability, really don't want to get up and drive to work once a month at 3am to check a false alarm! 

cheers

Tom

Texecom will do that, also Siemens / Vanderbilt SPC.

I don't know much about the Texe options but can confirm the Vanderbilt has 'proper' door access type options and setup, it's not just an afterthought add-on to an intruder alarm,

also there are a choice of door readers and these are taken from the same range as Vanderbilts 'standalone' access products. Also the SPC has a proper 'door controller' module,

though I think the Texe now does too, so you can localise connections.

For a single door with that few employees, Scantronic iON would also do it although with far less flexibility over differentiating 'door' and 'alarm' users, but does have an handy built

in IP server to manage the users like the Vanderbilt SPC - for the Texecom this is an option.

I don't know what stage your building is at but these things really do need to be considered very early on if possible. I assume you're based in Sussex?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hi guys, this is helpful info, thanks very much. It sounds like Texecom, Siemens/Vanderbilt, Scantronic and Honeywell are the main players here then? Is one better than another? What about Paxton I take it from a quick scan that they do not do the intruder alarm part?

Yes data, we're in Burgess Hill, and the building is essentially a shell with the mezzanine going in shortly...

IMHO, you want an access system with a time & attendance module & the access system integrating to control the intruder alarm. I'd say ACT or Paxton controlling a Texecom premier.

Now if only we had a very pleasant Sussex based installer on this very forum (uncle pete) ... we can't recommend any one else local as it might be there turn to employ the local "idiot"  :roflmao:

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Yes agreed on that, if time and attendence is a crucial thing; or if you just want to retrospectively look up the occasional arrival time of someone you think is taking the p**s will be a big factor in your choice.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands