Security Installer Community

What the bloody hell is??

Guest Dave the alarm man

Was drinking Guinness until pub shut, then went round to a mates flat and started drinking again there, posted from his net connection whilst i was there.

27667[/snapback]

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

:lol:

that's a real fellow!

Was drinking Guinness until pub shut, then went round to a mates flat and started drinking again there, posted from his net connection whilst i was there.

brain was far to addled to reply last night so i thought i'd do part 2 this morning after i got up...

Glad it's all clear and understandable now for you.

Regards

Bellman

27667[/snapback]

addled?? never heard that one before!

Only reason I didn't post part 2 is that I have no idea what you're on about now!!

:wacko:

If you don't know......ask.

addled?? never heard that one before!

addled, to be confused, like benny out of crossroads. :D

Only reason I didn't post part 2 is that I have no idea what you're on about now!!

:wacko:

27676[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

I'll explain.

CSA is expressed in 2 different measurement units, square mil and circular mil.

comparing the 2 without converting them would be like comparing inches to cm.

I was just explaining the differences between them and how to convert one to the other and visa versa.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

now we come to issue using screened twisted pair cable... :yes:

try to install CAT5 screened PATCH CABLE instead of UK type ALARM CABLE. It is similar to UK type alarm cable ( multistranded ) except it is twisted pair. Remember to connect screening to panel casing.

If it doesn't yet work out, disable the internal transformer and use external one ( SAFETY ISOLATED (I can sell you one if not available in UK (this SHOULD be ok with your regulations ))) in tamper proof casing which is earthed. Use only under 1m UNSCREENED cable from transformer to panel. Do not earth panel casing ( IF it is ok with UK regulations (should be because it is _extralow_ voltage )) but connect all screening to panel casing (or if casing is plastic to the earthing pin of the panel).

I bet it works. If it doesn't, I'll fly to UK and offer you a cup of coffee (or tea (or beer))

27037[/snapback]

How can CAT5 be mulistranded. surley this is not CAT5 but some other type. Cat5 is avaialable in many gages but the structure is I do beleive allways solid not stranded. :unsure:

I'll explain.

CSA is expressed in 2 different measurement units, square mil and circular mil.

comparing the 2 without converting them would be like comparing inches to cm.

I was just explaining the differences between them and how to convert one to the other and visa versa.

Regards

Bellman

27681[/snapback]

Yeah, I got that bit!

;)

How can CAT5 be mulistranded. surley this is not CAT5 but some other type. Cat5 is avaialable in many gages but the structure is I do beleive allways solid not stranded. :unsure:

27682[/snapback]

Seems to be available at Maplin

:whistle:

27682[/snapback]

cat5e can be multistranded, you can buy it HERE

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived