Security Installer Community

What the bloody hell is??

Guest Dave the alarm man

Guest Dave the alarm man

Got TS690 delivered from gardiners today

Its a TS690IDMPLUS according to the box

It got a sticker on the box which say's compatible with iD & iD+

It's also got a sticker inside with iD+ Licensed product on it

Which brings me to the question what the hell is id+ when its at home??

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dave the alarm man

Just looked on google

found attached on casltecare's site

A bigger biscuit big deal it's not even chocolate :w00t:

Also heard anything about ade new controls

found follwing on norbain

Product name: Captiv8-256 Control Panel

Type of equipment: Control panel

Key benefits:

Expandable from 32 to 256 zones

In-built access control functionality

Variable partitioning for maximum flexibility

DEOL and iD Plus capable as standard

Up to 500 user codes

Meets EN 50131 parts 1 and 6 up to security grade 2

EN50130 part 4 EMC standards

id_plus.pdf

ID Plus are new biscuits which have better filtering built in. They are compatable with most Castle panels, the Menvier panels with the sticker on the box, and no Gardtec panels

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Guest Dave the alarm man

golly i've had a brain wave & looked on ade site :blink:

Engineer's manual freely available to any wally with the web guess that will greatly limit the number of interested installers.

ID Plus are new biscuits which have better filtering built in. They are compatable with most Castle panels, the Menvier panels with the sticker on the box, and no Gardtec panels

Excuse my ignorance, whats better filtering? Only asking as I've got some issues on a G/T ID system we took over recently that keeps F/A ing, and checks out ok on Technicals troubleshooting guide. :wacko:

Anyone want to PM me with ID info / known prob's or even kick a topic into the Trade Forums for discussion?

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Excuse my ignorance, whats better filtering? Only asking as I've got some issues on a G/T ID system we took over recently that keeps F/A ing, and checks out ok on Technicals troubleshooting guide. :wacko:

Anyone want to PM me with ID info / known prob's or even kick a topic into the Trade Forums for discussion?

27028[/snapback]

now we come to issue using screened twisted pair cable... :yes:

try to install CAT5 screened PATCH CABLE instead of UK type ALARM CABLE. It is similar to UK type alarm cable ( multistranded ) except it is twisted pair. Remember to connect screening to panel casing.

If it doesn't yet work out, disable the internal transformer and use external one ( SAFETY ISOLATED (I can sell you one if not available in UK (this SHOULD be ok with your regulations ))) in tamper proof casing which is earthed. Use only under 1m UNSCREENED cable from transformer to panel. Do not earth panel casing ( IF it is ok with UK regulations (should be because it is _extralow_ voltage )) but connect all screening to panel casing (or if casing is plastic to the earthing pin of the panel).

I bet it works. If it doesn't, I'll fly to UK and offer you a cup of coffee (or tea (or beer))

Nooooooooo, Install the cable recommended by the manufacturer then if you have any problems they have no recourse or quick get out clauses, ie no we cant help you Mr ABC alarms you have installed bloody cat 5 cable, ha ha ha ha

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

DO WE HAVE TO GO OVER THIS AGAIN???????????

WE CAN'T INSTALL CAT5 ON ALARM SYSTEMS - EVEN IF WE WANTED TO WHICH WE DON'T!!!!!!!!!!

banghead banghead

The only thing I have found out is to keep biscuits away from each other,

this caused us a few problems on a Karizma once.

A lot of our id systems are wired in 8core, and give us no problems

Archived