Security Installer Community

What the bloody hell is??

Guest Dave the alarm man

Wow, wished I'd not put a track on this topic now :lol: My E Mail in box groaned :P

It went from biscuits to light bulbs :o

Anyone got anything to say on the original topic of ID chips & false alarms?

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

That's exactly why I didn't say "Anyone got anything to say on the original topic of Biscuits" :lol::P

Don't think I could have taken another three pages of light bulbs and links to their inventors, Gingernut's & Custard Creams (now there another subject) banghead banghead

Oh well, I think our lads want to rip them out and EOL them on this system. This was a fairly good install and only just over a year old, met all reg's etc. Good detectors, no other obvious reasons to F/A. Sometimes best to walk away from some takeovers :whistle:

Pass the Bourbons :w00t:

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

New glasses are a good idea, don't get the same ones again mate. The ones in your lovely avatar are so 1980's  :D

27255[/snapback]

And what was wrong in 80's???

Maybe you put your face in avatar and we'll see how gentlemen looks in the beginning of 21st century.. :lol:

Wow, wished I'd not put a track on this topic now  :lol: My E Mail in box groaned :P

27264[/snapback]

If you didn't yet notice I already told how to avoid them. Now we have a small argue how to make so it meets UK regulations.

And here comes the answer from the manufacturer:

The Conductors , tin stranded copper wire with no les than 7 strands of nominal diameter 0,20 , are covered with type2 or type TI1 compound

pvc insulation complyng with a minimum point thickness of 0,15 mm when measured in accordance with BS 4808:Part 1

The Cores should be laid straight with the same lenght of lay to form a compact cable

In case of shielded cable we should included a poliester foil and a extra alluminium foil with draining tinned copper wire

The cable shall be sheathed with type 6 or type TM1 Pvc Compound compliyng with BS 6746 with a minimum point of thickness of 0,4 mm

measured in accordance with BS 4808 : Part 1

The sheathing shall be continous ,semi- tubed , and shall fit closely over the cores without adhesion

A rip cord with a breaking srenght of not less than 40 N is provided under sheathing to facilitate its removal

The cable is supplied labeled with all the caractheristics required , included the CE marking.

__

Did anyone check if it is necessary to earth casings where only extra low voltage is used?

Wow, wished I'd not put a track on this topic now  :lol: My E Mail in box groaned :P

27264[/snapback]

I started a new topic in trade/controlpanels about this..

also alarm cable has a CSA of 0.2mm compared with 0.5mm of twisted pair.

The twisting of the cables then adds additional CSA to the whole cable

and alarm cable is more flexible and has a smaller bend radius

27184[/snapback]

ehh.. CSA?? (i don't understand)

you have to remeber that cat5 bending radius is given so that 100Mb/s can still go through..

27209[/snapback]

Cross Sectional Area

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived