Security Installer Community

Concept 6

Guest Rob Thompson

Guest Rob Thompson

I hope someone might be able to help!

I moved into a house twelve months ago with a concept six system installed. In all the time I have lived in the house the system has been set to 'Day' and the green light has always been on. We never touched the system, or even turned it on or off when leaving the building.

This morning at 7.30 am the alarm started sounding. Despite my best efforts I was unable to switch off. The alarm rang for twenty minutes and then stopped.

The box on the front of my property is now flashing strobe light. How can correct the system so that the strobe light Strobe flashing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Rob,

What is showing on the key-pad (DAY , Tamper ,PA etc)

If the battery has not been changed , and I'd guess that the system is at least 10 years old , then the battery will have deteriorated to a point where the panel is damaged trying to charge it.It would be wise to have the system checked over to give an idea of what needs attention.

Even if you are not going to use the system , it still requires maintaining , or you could have it disconnected :o this would stop the strobe.

Guest Rob Thompson

Thanks Fastcar.

I was able to print off a manual from a thread a little further down, and look as though things are now working ok. I think the intruder buttom had been knocked, so i turned the key to reset

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thsoper@dsl.pipex.com
Thanks Fastcar.

I was able to print off a manual from a thread a little further down, and look as though things are now working ok.  I think the intruder buttom had been knocked, so i turned the key to reset

27062[/snapback]

Guest thsoper@dsl.pipex.com

hi rob

i am in need of manual for conceot 6 and noted you had printed one off ,would appreciate the site this came from

regards

• 1 year later...
User manual attached.

Its in PDF format so you`ll need Adobe Acrobat to view it.

Is there anyway you could post that link to the user manual again? or how to access the concept website?

Ive tried downloading it 3 times and it keeps failing - and adobe reports that the document is corrupt.

I have the same problem as the chap above - no user manual!

Many thanks

cheers for that!

it worked

the prolem was due to using mozilla firefox

your hint at saving to desktop, which is an internet explorer feature workec a treat.

i need the manua to try and find a way of deactivating the system. the alarm goes off when i turn off the power to the lights. im trying to fit new lights in the kitchen.

ive rang the previous owner of this house and he says to open up the alarm system and take out the battery. surely must be a better way, especially since opening box is said to set alarm off as well!

Archived