Security Installer Community

Zone Fault On House Burglar Alarm

Hi folks I've joined the Forum to see whether you might help.

My house is 14 years old and has an existing Scantronic 9448ES alarm with 1-year-old Pyronix Belle box and several original Pyronix wired PIRs plus 2 door contacts.

A zone (dining room) shows the fault LED on trying to set the alarm.

This causes the alarm to activate full-on if I try to set it in this state.

The PIR looks fine. The warning light comes on if I step in front of it. It looks clean.

If I remove the PIR from circuit, will the tamper circuit trigger?

I'd like to swap it with another in the house to see if the fault travels.

I phoned the alarm installer, but he wants £200 to come out and fix it.

There is a good chance that it might be set to engineer reset on tamper, which means that when you interfere with any part of the system you won't be able to set it afterwards so you cant test what you have done. Find another professional with more reasonable pricing. Where are you maybe someone on here can help?

Yes as soon as you take the lid off it will go into tamper, (unless linked out) but you will be able silence it with your code, try the default eng code see if gets you access to the eng menu 1st

Totally agree, personally i would ask some1 else for a price, you can get a new system put it for that really

Yes as soon as you take the lid off it will go into tamper, (unless linked out) but you will be able silence it with your code, try the default eng code see if gets you access to the eng menu 1st

Totally agree, personally i would ask some1 else for a price, you can get a new system put it for that really

you cant get a new system for 200 quid

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

you can get a new system put it for that really

Not one worth having, though...

My house is 14 years old and has an existing Scantronic 9448ES alarm with 1-year-old Pyronix Belle box and several original Pyronix wired PIRs plus 2 door contacts.

A zone (dining room) shows the fault LED on trying to set the alarm.

This causes the alarm to activate full-on if I try to set it in this state.

The PIR looks fine. The warning light comes on if I step in front of it. It looks clean.

If I remove the PIR from circuit, will the tamper circuit trigger?

I'd like to swap it with another in the house to see if the fault travels.

I phoned the alarm installer, but he wants £200 to come out and fix it.

It's possible the system has engineer reset, although very unlikely on most versions of these panels IMHO.

Have you tried to see what happens in Walk test - this will not involve opening the case, setting off the tamper,

or exposing yourself top dangerous voltages - do that and tell us if Zone 2 is 'jammed on'.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands