Security Installer Community

Optima plus II

Guest derrick

Respect is due Fastcar!!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest derrick
Hi Derrick,

Right, attached is a section of the manual that shows the fuse and connections in question.

firstly, disconnect the battery if you have already attached it to the panel battery leads.

set your multimeter to dc volts range.

put your multimeter black lead onto the terminal labeled battery -

and the red multimeter lead onto the batt + you should get 13-14 volts dc accross it.

if not put the red lead from your multimeter on the left hand side terminal of the fuse holder  whilst keeping the black lead on the batt - connection.  you should see voltage there, if not put the red lead onto the right hand side terminal of the fuse holder and see if you get voltage there.

Hi,

Tested circuit (thanks for w/diag... pics say a thousand words & all that !).

NO +12v @ fuse CCT is o/circuit this would explain the uneven voltages across both batteries .... final q's what panel would you rec as this model is n/a?

Thanks all for help.

if you get no voltage at either of the fuse holder terminals the charging cct is cooked/

if you just get voltage at one of the fuse holder terminals then the fuse has blown.

Hope this helps

Regards

Bellman

27024[/snapback]

The old batt probably killed the charging cct, it's quite a well known fault on the ADE panels..

for DIY use, then look at the (I never thought i'd say this) Texecom premier, avoid the veritas 8 like your life depends on it...

scantronic and menvier also do decent kit but at greater cost and they are more complex to install and configure.

also avoid anything from B&Q, Wickes, maplins and other stores of that ilk.

The Texecom manual will show you how to wire the existing ccts into it and gives examples of correct configuration.

There are better panels on the market but generaly they are not available unless your trade and they also cost an extortionate amount of money.

Hope this helps

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

for DIY use, then look at the (I never thought i'd say this) Texecom premier, avoid the veritas 8 like your life depends on it...

27234[/snapback]

stress is on the DIY USE....

if i recomended him most anything else he's going to struggle to get hold of it.

unless he uses Ebay :lol:

hope you didn't bump your head Rich :P

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

The old batt probably killed the charging cct, it's quite a well known fault on the ADE panels..

scantronic and menvier also do decent kit but at greater cost and they are more complex to install and configure.

also avoid anything from B&Q, Wickes, maplins and other stores of that ilk.

The Texecom manual will show you how to wire the existing ccts into it and gives examples of correct configuration.

There are better panels on the market but generaly they are not available unless your trade and they also cost an extortionate amount of money.

Hope this helps

Regards

Bellman

27234[/snapback]

:no: BLOODY //.National Installer.// engineers... :P

Archived