Security Installer Community

Optima plus II

Guest derrick

Guest derrick

Hi ,

Can anyone help :-

A fault has appeared "out of blue" with my alarm, if i try to enter the code to set... the alarm goes off ..... I can turn the sounder off by just entering the first digit of the 4 no code, then hit reset.

Can i test the keypad in any way ? (continuity test etc?)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest derrick
Hi , what else is displayed , DAY or TAMPER etc , what is on the 2 digit led display?.

Has it had a new battery in the last 5 years?.

26930[/snapback]

Day is displayed i'll look on display (at work at he moment and get back to you0

No new batteries fitted .. put voltmeter across the battery 11.2....transformer o/p = 16 vac ..but the fuse at the base of the pcb has no voltage across it ...is this correct (its labelled as batt fuse ?

Firstly , be aware that there is 240v inside panel , you could try removing the fuse from the spur , then remove the battery spade terminal.Then replace the mains fuse and hope that the panel fires up.I would check/replace the battery.There is a service guide on this site , or get a local installer to come and give it a service / check over. :)

Hi , what else is displayed , DAY or TAMPER etc , what is on the 2 digit led display?.

26930[/snapback]

Day is displayed i'll look on display (at work at he moment and get back to you0

No new batteries fitted .. put voltmeter across the battery 11.2....transformer o/p = 16 vac ..but the fuse at the base of the pcb has no voltage across it ...is this correct (its labelled as batt fuse ?

26932[/snapback]

If you measured voltage across the fuse it should show 0 Volts DC. This though doesn't tell you absolutely that fuse is ok. Check so that measure across battery minus and fuse. If both ends of fuse gives you the same result than when measuring across the battery + and - it is ok. There MIGHT (depending of the panel) be a diode between the battery and fuse so difference can be -0,3 to -0,7 VDC. If 11.2VDC @ battery --> chance it regardless if it causes the fault or not (should be approximately 13.8VDC). It is in end of life.

Guest derrick
Firstly , be aware that there is 240v inside panel , you could try removing the fuse from the spur , then remove the battery spade terminal.Then replace the mains fuse and hope that the panel fires up.I would check/replace the battery.There is a service guide on this site , or get a local installer to come and give it a service / check over. :)

26933[/snapback]

The display shows "c" tested the alarm after disconecting all pwr ...still same ...if the battery voltage is lower in the siren box bat compared to the control box bat will that cause this prob..am aware of 240v precautions.

Battery has probably cooked itself, It should be replaced after 5 years as a matter of course. you should get at least 12.8 volts out of the battery, i'd replace the battery and replace the fuse, do be careful as there is LETHAL voltages inside the panel.

check to make sure you have at least 13vdc at the batt leads in the panel before connecting the new battery.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest derrick

26930[/snapback]

26932[/snapback]

If you measured voltage across the fuse it should show 0 Volts DC. This though doesn't tell you absolutely that fuse is ok. Check so that measure across battery minus and fuse. If both ends of fuse gives you the same result than when measuring across the battery + and - it is ok. There MIGHT (depending of the panel) be a diode between the battery and fuse so difference can be -0,3 to -0,7 VDC. If 11.2VDC @ battery --> chance it regardless if it causes the fault or not (should be approximately 13.8VDC). It is in end of life.

26934[/snapback]

Replaced battery, tested continuity from fuse to battery 0VOLTS ..OK (TESTED AT BOTH ENDS OF FUSE), please see post on siren battery q's.

If you get no voltage between batt ov terminal and either end of the fuse holder that would be indicitave of the charging cct being fried,

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived