Security Installer Community

Optima plus II

Guest derrick

Replaced battery, tested continuity from fuse to battery 0VOLTS ..OK (TESTED AT BOTH ENDS OF FUSE), please see post on siren battery q's.

26948[/snapback]

I said that you should check the fuse so that you measure across battery _minus_ and fuse..

Hi ,

"c" + tamper led = panel or RKP tamper

"C" + Day + Tamper = customer programme mode.

Clarify what is on the display , check the battery lead voltage (without battery).

Try another power down , leave for 10 secs minimum , then power up.If no joy , the panel may need crashing back to factory settings, but this would require an engineers manual , and reprogramming of system variables , but bear in mind any errors in programming could leave you and your family unprotected.

Regards,

;)

Guest derrick
If you get no voltage between batt ov terminal and either end of the fuse holder that would be indicitave of the charging cct being fried,

Regards

Bellman

26950[/snapback]

Thanks for info just so i'm clear on this,.... the fuse @ the bottom of the pcb (labelled batt) has NO +12v across it ....if i test continuity it goes to the 0 volts connector with the black wiring to it ???? any more thoughts ?

Hi Derrick,

Right, attached is a section of the manual that shows the fuse and connections in question.

firstly, disconnect the battery if you have already attached it to the panel battery leads.

set your multimeter to dc volts range.

put your multimeter black lead onto the terminal labeled battery -

and the red multimeter lead onto the batt + you should get 13-14 volts dc accross it.

if not put the red lead from your multimeter on the left hand side terminal of the fuse holder whilst keeping the black lead on the batt - connection. you should see voltage there, if not put the red lead onto the right hand side terminal of the fuse holder and see if you get voltage there.

if you get no voltage at either of the fuse holder terminals the charging cct is cooked/

if you just get voltage at one of the fuse holder terminals then the fuse has blown.

Hope this helps

Regards

Bellman

post-920-1097601573_thumb.jpg

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

You may all be going down the wrong route here, it may be in customer test mode and you are activating a bell test. Press reset at least 3 times and try again. I dont suppose your code starts with a zero does it?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi breff,

He has tested the batt and there is less than 12 volts present and he has no voltage at the battery output leads, that would suggest the batt fuse or the charging cct is blown.

can't hurt to try the reset thing first though :)

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Thing is Chris if u tested I would know you've tested it properly.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Also measure the voltage of the dc output, shown Bellmans nifty little diagram - the output should be within 1 volt of the battery voltage with leads connected. Your meter may be wrong thats all, and this will test the meter.

Archived