Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite Part Arm Entry/exit

jkno

Sorted the issue it somehow I managed to select Area B for Zone 2 (Hallway PIR) when debugging and adding the additional exit settle time which was the initial issue.

Because I've disabled Area B for pretty much everything, including the keypad it looks like it wasn't arming the PIR because Area B was still unarmed.

Is common practice in a single area setup and a multi area alarm to disable the disused areas on each Zone/keypad or to leave them all enabled?

I've got no issue for paying for professional help, but like I said it's a bit of a project for me more than trying to save a few quid. If cost was a concern I'd have stuck a consumer grade wired/wireless system in.

Edited by jkno

Not really , plenty diyers trying fit professional alarms , but can't work out the programming , even grade ones speakers can't be connected let alone programming

Not meaning to offend, but programming constitutes the biggest downfall on alarms even if they are physically installed correctly.

In this case you could have got away with changing nothing other than adding the devices to the panel and the ones you were not using could have been put to not used, put chime on zone 1, the omit 1 attribute on for the landing device and maybe add the odd user and do the time and date, may be put in some zone text.

Not sure what else you are adding or how you want to use the alarm, so cant give anything definitive on what should or shouldn't be changed.

No offence taken, the wiring once you get your head around FSL/EOL is actually really easy (on an install as basic as this). There's so many more variables with the programming even with help of software like Wintex.

I overcomplicated things by going from timed exit to entry/exit and caused problems trying to resolve the issue of the fault on full set.

Thanks for the help I'm all sorted now, just got a COM-IP to install down the line, looking at writing some monitoring software using an SMS API over ethernet with 3/4G backup.