Security Installer Community

Pros / Cons Of Silent 1St Alarm

I have had one in a year, left a window open and windy day blew curtains about , small window to

Customer of mine had two or three in a a day was convinced there's a fault, we found a sparrow trapped in his kitchen

Customer of mine had two or three in a a day was convinced there's a fault, we found a sparrow trapped in his kitchen

How did he not notice? Surely they use kitchens in your part of the country it cant be all fast food and takeaways

How did he not notice? Surely they use kitchens in your part of the country it cant be all fast food and takeaways

He kept getting a trigger in his kitchen , was bit of a distance so I made an appointment but made him go through the log and pointed out the zone

I said its showing alarm not tamper or fault , and asked him to see if he has rats lol ..... He found a thirsty sparrow

Actually this was near Hertfordshire don't normally go up there , they only make chips up there I think

you can on galaxy but agree it would be better with the right detector in the right place

Two detectors? Overlap?

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt that the same input could be used conventionally to trigger twice..I am assuming by 'input' you mean a detection device. This belies the whole concept of a security system. You could, however, achieve something akin to your needs using a relay, possibly on a timer (at the bell trip). Haven't worked out a method yet so bear with me. Which version of the Enforcer are you using ? (issue). Two items in the post are bothering me. Firstly, just how many false alarms have you actually had ? you appear to be highly concerned on this front. Secondly, I would prefer it if, when your wife is at home alone at night that external sounders are operational rather than just an internal keypad. If you are, in fact, prone to false alarms, the shockers may need consideration, and of course your proximity to traffic.

It is more out of concern than actual experience having lived in an estate that had one house alarm in particular always going off at all hours. We've had two false alarms from the shocks but they were caused by family members knocking on the patio doors thinking we were in.