Security Installer Community

Accenta Gen 4 And Pyronix Gsmv2

Abbz, you've lost me a bit.. no ! a lot..Help me out here. "... Pyronix rarely causes issues with detector faults ..." Are you referring to the panel 'causing issues with detector faults' or are you referring to pyronix detectors in general.. I've never known a panel to cause issues with a detector.. but as usual (open to comment).

Dear me, arguments again ! whatever happened to a good old fashioned dialler ?

Charlie, I fail to see any argument but statements without much or any thought like 'al yeti's' should be clarified. James likes his apps, I don't. I like my texts/calls and James doesn't. That doesn't constitute an argument.

the dialler is a seperate debate p/ss poor alarm delivery method but cheap. go with semaphore thats cheaper

I've had any years of non pîss poor automated service though, James. I operate mine every day for several applications without a hiccup. As for Alarm notification I get what you say about it not being trusted like other regular polling methods but again I've had no problems to date.

Looking at availability figures ive seen comm links with no use for 40% of the day.

Its all risk dependant and im probably looking at it from a different angle.

As an installer i refused to install a dialler due to issues, I hope when its needed it works.

Question would you rather know there was a potential issue with it or just assume it will work when needed?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Charlie, I fail to see any argument but statements without much or any thought like 'al yeti's' should be clarified. James likes his apps, I don't. I like my texts/calls and James doesn't. That doesn't constitute an argument.

Let me know what you need clarifying?

Let me know what you need clarifying?

Are I see previous post, I still stand by my statement , perhaps rephrase a little "most diyers won't use all the outputs and will simply use one output from the panel to activate a dialler for notification, outputs on diallers are rare to be used by diyers , maybe a few do but most don't "

Only in my limited opinion and perhaps on the grand scheme of things that's what I have seen

Looking at availability figures ive seen comm links with no use for 40% of the day.

Its all risk dependant and im probably looking at it from a different angle.

As an installer i refused to install a dialler due to issues, I hope when its needed it works.

Question would you rather know there was a potential issue with it or just assume it will work when needed?

As an installer I can see your predicament and agree with the fact there can really only be one option if you were asked. That said, I'm not sure I'd trust a monitoring station to be on the ball, having heard a few stories.

As an installer I can see your predicament and agree with the fact there can really only be one option if you were asked. That said, I'm not sure I'd trust a monitoring station to be on the ball, having heard a few stories.

id love to hear them?

But i didnt mean that i meant prrof of path. Ive seen stats that show that a some comms are off line for hours a day and dont show up as an issue

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.