Security Installer Community

Webway Nano Launch At Ifsec 2015 (Stand G1430)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True, but for us its a reflection on the market. We have very few locations that use DCM. Its old, its clunky and has some very suspect limitations. Such as an inability to signal alarms whilst a UDL session is in progress.

So we made a conscious decision to keep it off the board; its an expensive solution to manufacture as standard.

Cant wait for the 'green for go' display

I've seen it working JW.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

True, but for us its a reflection on the market. We have very few locations that use DCM. Its old, its clunky and has some very suspect limitations. Such as an inability to signal alarms whilst a UDL session is in progress.

So we made a conscious decision to keep it off the board; its an expensive solution to manufacture as standard.

If it's a significant cost that makes sense, and I certainly wouldn't consider DC on a new installation myself.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I've seen it working JW.

Ooops

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

It is, but not a new thing, most systems wont let you in until unset, right?

I know this would still stop PAs etc... so still not great.

depends how its progd,good practice is unset only with customer permission but a thread a while back where someone dialled into a set system and fck it up leaving the site with no alarm and had to call the keyholder out

Dont know about others, but most of our systems are on UDL with RSS and most of the automated stuff is carried out out night, one in a million but if a breakin was to occur whilst carrying out a remote service and a system didnt signal where the liability going.

A) Installer for connection to a system

b) Comms device

Going to test our preferred comms tomorrow.

depends how its progd,good practice is unset only with customer permission but a thread a while back where someone dialled into a set system and fck it up leaving the site with no alarm and had to call the keyholder out

Ours site starts the dial out, but the automated service the panel initials the call and the record at our end if the system is set, is locked so changes cant be made.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Dont know about others, but most of our systems are on UDL with RSS and most of the automated stuff is carried out out night, one in a million but if a breakin was to occur whilst carrying out a remote service and a system didnt signal where the liability going.

A) Installer for connection to a system

b) Comms device

Going to test our preferred comms tomorrow.

Ours site starts the dial out, but the automated service the panel initials the call and the record at our end if the system is set, is locked so changes cant be made.

this wasnt a remote service he dialled it to do a software update and it all went wrong and if i remember right was going to leave it and risk it until some on here made him change his mind and call the keyholder out to fix it