Security Installer Community

Cctv Regs

Could one install a camera on a council street lamp (with permission) overlooking public garages (all neighbors) and display a sign?

Well the Council could, or their contractor. Its unlikely they would give permission for anyone else to though 

That reminds me, as a contractor we had this dickhead, who was the owners mate, wanting us to put a cam on the telegraph pole outside his single story

furniture workshop. It was almost touching the front corner so would have been good, but I knew it wasn't a goer.

He kept insisting that any minute his mate would be over, who worked for BT (as was) and would say it was all alright. I kept telling him it would be unheard

of for that to be allowed and even if his 'mate' said it would be OK I would be uneasy doing it.

5 hours into the job (there were other cameras to fit) his mate turns up and says he must have misunderstood, and no way could we fit a camera to the pole

(surprise surprise). He then fecks off early in a huff, with his lads laughing behind his back, ha ha!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

DPA?

Data Protection Act

Why would they say no?

If the council asked if they could attach a sweeping machine to the back of your car would you say yes?

We recently installed cameras to a council offices car park, and the chap working in one of the planning offices stopped our chaps from working because the council did not have planning permission for them.(Even though they were protecting his car amongst others)  Most councils are hard work, not because they want to be, but because they are structured that way, they have to be sure that whatever is done doesn't cause anyone to complain, or fall off and hit someone on the head. They will only use contractors that pass certain criteria.  On the plus side they generally don't argue about the cost of stuff,  but they are never the fastest payers.