Security Installer Community

Keeping A 7Ah Charged Via 12V In Vehicle

Yep we know that, it would be nice to be able to listen to  the radio for half an hour without starting the engine. And have interia lights that will stay on for more than 30 seconds on a bad day.

Some one has lost the plot on how vans are used.

Only the french have lost the plot. they seem to be the only ones at the moment with eco mode. If you breakdown put your windows up if they are electric as after it goes into eco mode you end up with open windows untill its fixed ha ha ha ha

As for the loom, You could use a relay to make sure you don't over load the circuit

In that case you may as well take a feed straight from the battery (via a fuse obv.) and feck the relay off.

Some one has lost the plot on how vans are used.

I agree it is a pain, but they are mostly based on car parts so have these muppet proof features.

I believe Eco mode measures the vehicle voltage and has a threshold to cut equipment off.

The idea being you always have the capacity to start the vehicle, this is why switching the ign/engine on/off quickly doesn't work.

On a Partner for example you can press the dark button to switch off the screen, which will keep the radio on 30 minutes longer.

In that case you may as well take a feed straight from the battery (via a fuse obv.) and feck the relay off.I agree it is a pain, but they are mostly based on car parts so have these muppet proof features.I believe Eco mode measures the vehicle voltage and has a threshold to cut equipment off.The idea being you always have the capacity to start the vehicle, this is why switching the ign/engine on/off quickly doesn't work.On a Partner for example you can press the dark button to switch off the screen, which will keep the radio on 30 minutes longer.

not on a combo it doesn't,I left ignition on to charge my phone yesterday while I pottered around the front garden,aa van here this morning as the battery was flat and it wouldn't start

not on a combo it doesn't,I left ignition on to charge my phone yesterday while I pottered around the front garden,aa van here this morning as the battery was flat and it wouldn't start

I have two 12v sockets one is live all the time. I use the one thats live to charge things like my phone. modified a halfords one with a live taken from the battery (via a Fuse) No ign on, van can be locked as well.

With the ign on your current drain/draw is at about 3.5 to 5 amps some times more, The landrover range rover is 9 amps. but does have a 950 amp 110 ah AGM battery.