Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 Mini Problems

fibzy

Hi guys, my alarm was working perfectly until a few years ago one of my dogs chomped through a wire, instantly all the pirs stopped working, but the front door chime remained working. Anyway as i had two big dogs i rarely used it so didnt bother trying to fix it at this point. Now i no longer have the dogs, so i set about trying to fix it, first thing i did was cut out the wire section that had been bitten and spliced in a new piece. By now id forgot the code so i did the wire link up thing to reset the nvm. upon power back up the keypad was unresponsive so googled it and a lot of people saying replace battery, So i fitted a new battery and replaced a fuse that had blown in there. Powered it all up and it sprung back to life and was ready to go. it sets ok but the alarm triggers straight away, as it seems the pir sensors are flashing randomly with no one in the room, if i put any of them on chime they trigger randomly it seems. the pir in the garage seems to almost be permanently lit only going off occasionaly!

Any ideas on what to check next guys???

hi, no if i cover it its the same ie virtually on all time with occasional flash to off. the kitchen and landing sensors seem to be flashing every few seconds, front room sensor seems to be almost working but then it flashes on its own now and again. The vibration sensors on the 2 back windows are also flashing constantly green, if i bang them they flash red .

dont know what make they are just plain white no names on them sorry

Edited by fibzy

all of them gone faulty at once you think??? even the vibration ones?

if i set the alarm it just triggers straight away with whichever sensor goes off 1st, could be one of the pir's or could be one of the vibration sensors just depends on which is 1st

Before doing that I would leave the detectors powered and short the alarm cct, if they all clear then yes it's the detectors but quite unlikely imo. Have you proven the voltage to each?

If they still activate shorted in the detector then short the ccts in the panel to prove the cable also, finally remove all the cct cables from the panel connections to prove the panel.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.