Security Installer Community

Adding Rfx08 And Four Buton Telecommand Scantronic

Pat

I have a 9751 Scantronic  which I would want to add a wireless panic button. I have obtained a RFX08 expander with a 727r four button telecommand key fob.Prior to fitting I have tried putting the RFX in learn mode via a temporary 12VDC supply using a battery.The RFX on powering up lights "88" with a short beep and on pressing the select buton shows "_ _" . Pressing the 727r key fob its LED flashes on and off but I cannot get it to talk to the RFX.The RFX just stays in "_ _" without even a single tone even if it could not learn the 727r any help would be much appreciated?

-- means deleted I thought

&

- is learn mode

Or is that another model? Where's the doc?

Either way it did my head in, I took it out a fitted a hw8 instead , scantronics wireless I find alien , at least the old stuff....

Pretty sure this is how to carry out need to press select on rfx u need to learn this as a telecomond device eg t1 t2 press select until you get the free channel then press any key on the remote so led flashes nxt to learn. Once learnt press select on rfx to go the unit will beep then replace cover.

AFAIK with telecommand you dont get to choose a number unlike zones, so t will only ever show how many previously learnt, I could be wrong but pretty sure unlike zones you cant learn t1 and t4 only, and then then come back for t2 etc... Later. Whenever I get one new out the box t0 is only shown, and thats when you can add tc or pa devices.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for help did get the keyfob learned,started with a 723 & 727r the 723 would learn on the RFX08 but with a RFX16 both keyfobs operated. Any one know why the 727r may not work with the RFX08?