Security Installer Community

Telewest service and dialler

Allso

Has anyone experienced problems with getting on-board diallers to work via the Telewest phone service?

If so, was it possible to resolve the problem without recourse to a separate BT line for the alarm.

Thanks for any info,

allso

im on telewest not sure about the 37v...mine sits at 49v and a scany digi only goes off hook at less than 7-8v. tho have lots of probs with texting on the galaxy and my caller id only works when it wants too....**** service i say...

Im on NTL and I can only get the texter to work in my Premier by setting it to pulse dial!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

All PSTN services should be 50vDC or real 54v if you are reading below 45vdc you need to get it checked out sounds like HR diss or your meter aint correct. Try again only using 1 probe to either leg and the other into Earth. +earth -A/B should be a steady 54vDC or 4vdc if fluctuates put on to ampere scale and go across the pr should be 40ma on Dial tone and then after DT cleared should go to 20ma before howler kicks in if massive fluctuations occurs definite HR diss. Any probs give me a call. ;)

Howdy,

I'm on telewest here and I get approx 50V across the line.

I'd be getting telewest to check the line as it sounds like it has a fault.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived