Security Installer Community

New Cctv Install

Thanks i see , ok lets ask the question what do i need to do what i need ? And its my home were talking about 1 cam at front upto 20 metres view number plate and face recog 1 cam at rear 10 metres face recog 1 cam on side 10 metre face recog i cam under canopy face recog 5 metres i want network access and view on ipads tabs iphones android etc not fussed with monitor but have a pc one ? Also need record facility 5 days rewind thanks again

You should have a monitor connected to the NVR, like all electronic equipment it goes wrong occasionally so the monitor is the best/easiest  way you can tell if its on and working properly. 5 Days using Motion detect depending on how much motion seen on the camera 2TB/3TB HDD I would recommend the Western Digital purple range. If you go down the the IP route you could use a POE switch, a decent one would set you back £80.00. You then have to decide on which NVR and which cameras.

I rate the Hikvision and Dahua Cameras I wouldnt buy them from Ebay the Chinese are very good at copying cameras and unless you know what you're buying and who from you can easily be burned, around £140.00 per cam from a reputable retailer is about right. Then you just have to choose a NVR. I have heard some great things about the Hikvision NVR. I have my own Hybrid DVR/NVR so dont use any branded recorders (I do use budget ones on occasion horses for courses) The above will break your budget

The alternative recomendation is Security Warehouse HDSDI kit this would come in under budget

All CCTV has smartphone facilities nowadays