Security Installer Community

New Cctv Install

Hi guys looking for advise on a cctv install i need 2 cams to view around 20m and 2 around 10m also nvr ,ive been told 2 bullet and 2 dome 3-10 varifocal ip cams brands that have been suggested are hikvision and videcon,i want to be able to read a numberplate at 20m and face recognition if poss also there will be some security lighting fitted thanks any help appreciated

But dont just take our word for it google Hikvision bullet the only ones less than £100 are analogue. And vari-focals are considerably more by the time you have added power supplies, NVR, HDD, Monitor, cable and sundries you will be well over your budget. 

Ebay sell fake Hiks but you get what you pay for

Been told hikvision 3-10 vf ip £140 each ? From wholsLer through a trader ?

£140 x 4 = £560  plus NVR £300 =£860 already £60 over your budget, not inc monitor, psu's, cable, switch, VAT etc

You could consider HDSDI, Security Warehouse have a very good budget HDSDI equivalent to 2mp system which would come in under your budget just

I hear what your saying guys But,i thought ip cameras used the cat5 for power ? Not thinking of using a monitor,also the 2 bullet cams that need to see 10m to 20max are 140 surely the domes thT dont need to be so good would be cheaper ?

Are there any othes people are using around my budget ? cheers for your help