Security Installer Community

Internal Speaker

Fahad Abrar

I find it hard to believe that an alarm engineer isnt aware of the difference betweena speaker and a sounder or how to turn the chime on a panel they normally install.

I think you would benfit from the training courses Tavcom offer.

I wasn't impressed with the mains course at all, yet passed with flying colours, they didn't cover the paperwork side very well at all, however the support afterwards asking to clarify a few points did help eventually.

Which alarm course/s are you going on?

If you have no training or experience , unskilled jp will easily get confused , and so would the alarm installer if never gets trained on it either

However, if you had some basic quals (basic experience for some , where is he?)

Then you would probably work it out easier , although we need a lazy section in this forum where we get all the answers and the work done for us!

Edited by al-yeti

I find it hard to believe that an alarm engineer isnt aware of the difference betweena speaker and a sounder or how to turn the chime on a panel they normally install.

I wasn't impressed with the mains course at all, yet passed with flying colours, they didn't cover the paperwork side very well at all, however the support afterwards asking to clarify a few points did help eventually.

I am doing the classroom practical alarm course,

The mains course I say your right the paper work side seemed abit light. but I still enjoyed the day