Security Installer Community

Install Engineer/supervisor Position Available South East

We have an exciting opportunity available for a security install engineer/supervisor to join our expanding team.

We are a small company based in Essex looking for a committed person for a long term placement.

We work throughout the South East but are looking for applicants in or around Kent/south London area. We will not rule out suitable applicants outside of these areas.

Experience

The right person should have enough experience to be out on the road within a week. Must have experience installing intruder, (minimum 2 years not including any training period or apprenticeship), and a good knowledge of current regs and best practices.

Applicants should also be able to install CCTV and Access control when needed. 

A working knowledge of Galaxy is essential and ideally experienced with Castle, Menvier and Texecom. Training can be provided to the right person for the latter.

Must be able to install, Handover and Train customers to a high standard

Must be self-motivated and able to work alone or as part of a team.

Should have excellent communication skills both spoken and written and have good customer relation skills.

Asbestos awareness, IPAF, CSCS preferred but not essential

Duties would include

Planning and running jobs of various sizes and disciplines

Overseeing works carried out by core and subcontract staff

Onsite training and coaching of company apprentices/Trainees

Completing regular H&S tasks to assist with company H&S obligations for which full training will be provided

Package

Salary from 26k upwards depending on experience

40 hours a week. Hours are flexible to suit business needs but generally day working. Occasional night work will be required notified in advance.

Overtime available

25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays

Company Laptop provided

Company Phone provided

Van + fuel card

To Apply or for additional information send CV

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
No contact details in posts please

26k upwards seems about right if that doesn't include doing callout.

for just an installer maybe but its a foreman role so should be 40k ish imo,rates are too low man thats why people struggle to find good men as has been said over and over in posts

I agree but I'm in line to move across the line to become supervisor but basic is only 30k. Rest of money is made up of overtime and bonuses if targets are hit. In all homesty I think I can make more money staying as an engineer doing my callout but comes a stage in life where getting fed up of doing the callout. Chatting to present supervisor as you say his earnings are always close to the 40k mark

I agree but I'm in line to move across the line to become supervisor but basic is only 30k. Rest of money is made up of overtime and bonuses if targets are hit. In all homesty I think I can make more money staying as an engineer doing my callout but comes a stage in life where getting fed up of doing the callout. Chatting to present supervisor as you say his earnings are always close to the 40k mark

Was asked the same i declined,they wouldn't pay what i asked for and the additional for my soul was way off the mark

Afternoon all, thanks for the feedback. We tried to be clear in our advert exactly what would be expected so not to sell the position as something it is not. We are keen to not waste peoples time but perhaps we would have been better to explain that although the supervisor aspects of the role are accurate it would only be a small part of the role increasing in line with company growth as could wages inline with this.

Maybe competent install engineer looking to take the next step in their career would have been a better job role title/way of approaching it. What do you think?

FYI The position does not include call out.

The service engineers only do call in some companies, perhaps this is the same?

In larger co's maybe but rds has stated they are a small local co and if you offer the promise of no call and your needed and refuse that will cause friction in a smaller co id expect everyone to chip in when and where needed want to work to rules and your t&cs join a national

I work for a local and install engineers have to do call out.

Whats in the advert is similar to what I do except basic pay (i would want at least another 6k, call out and hours. I have a working day and any thing out side is overtime

I can see where your coming from ref the call out guys but the position will definitely have no call out. If it was ever to change or if we needed help with call out we would ask and take no for an answer. That's the beauty of a small firm I guess staff are respected and appreciated, not just a number.

RSHAW if you don't mind me asking, what's your take on the offered package?

. If it was ever to change or if we needed help with call out we would ask and take no for an answer. 

but would you be happy with taking no for an answer you wouldnt,personally id tell them that call maybe required at times of holidays/sickness etc at least they know they might have to chip in rather than a i dont do call stance

RSHAW if you don't mind me asking, what's your take on the offered package?

Well I can compare it for you, if I take overtime every week, so Mon-Sat, I'm still not on that salary. Get 28 minus bank hols, But I do get the van for personal if I put a bit of fuel in so don't need to fork out for my own car outside of work and all tools, etc provided (zero expense to work for the firm). No call outs

Edited by RShaw