Security Installer Community

Install Engineer/supervisor Position Available South East

Afternoon all, thanks for the feedback. We tried to be clear in our advert exactly what would be expected so not to sell the position as something it is not. We are keen to not waste peoples time but perhaps we would have been better to explain that although the supervisor aspects of the role are accurate it would only be a small part of the role increasing in line with company growth as could wages inline with this.

Maybe competent install engineer looking to take the next step in their career would have been a better job role title/way of approaching it. What do you think?

FYI The position does not include call out.

The service engineers only do call in some companies, perhaps this is the same?

In larger co's maybe but rds has stated they are a small local co and if you offer the promise of no call and your needed and refuse that will cause friction in a smaller co id expect everyone to chip in when and where needed want to work to rules and your t&cs join a national

I work for a local and install engineers have to do call out.

Whats in the advert is similar to what I do except basic pay (i would want at least another 6k, call out and hours. I have a working day and any thing out side is overtime

I can see where your coming from ref the call out guys but the position will definitely have no call out. If it was ever to change or if we needed help with call out we would ask and take no for an answer. That's the beauty of a small firm I guess staff are respected and appreciated, not just a number.

RSHAW if you don't mind me asking, what's your take on the offered package?