Security Installer Community

Security Defences

AlarmScot

Hello, 

I know many of you are Security Engineers who fit Alarms and CCTV and etc. 

Have anybody ever looked at other Safety Defences?

Reason I ask this is due my grandparents got a local alarm company and he did not pick up on Locks, Outside Lights, gates, smoke detectors but just that they never had Alarm and quoted for alarm system. 

If they have UPVC doors check your locks - if they are the ones that came with the door, and/or without a Kitemark, look at getting eurocyclinders fitted that prevent - or foil - locksnapping attempts. I use Avocet ones.

Security lighting can be useful but the usual DIY pitfalls are;

Wired badly or unsafe

Dazzling drivers or neighbours

Rubbish B+Q type units with 500w lamps (LED all the way, or fluorescent if on a photocell for me)

PIRs set up in the wrong place

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

If they have UPVC doors check your locks - if they are the ones that came with the door, and/or without a Kitemark, look at getting eurocyclinders fitted that prevent - or foil - locksnapping attempts. I use Avocet ones.

Security lighting can be useful but the usual DIY pitfalls are;

Wired badly or unsafe

Dazzling drivers or neighbours

Rubbish B+Q type units with 500w lamps (LED all the way, or fluorescent if on a photocell for me)

PIRs set up in the wrong place

Yea like I can image you make a good wee extra money earner. 

Its been known for ourselves to go out and re do locks, External Lights,  We also set sensors up so it switches random lights on in the house which to be honest would just make you jump and think Oh there somebody walking about + Alarm,  Fences, Hedge cutting and etc. 

Recently we been fitting FakeTV which is really good and setting up on timers and etc

Where do you live, Beirut?

No I can get into your house in about 10seconds without needing to break any window or even find a open window or door!   OH also your insurance company may not pay out!

The current locks a lot of homes have can be broken in about 10seconds and I done it before! 

If you view it as a business point if you go and show them all the home weaknesses and tell them how they can improve 99% that person feel more comfortable with you as you given them some FREE advice!  

No I can get into your house in about 10seconds without needing to break any window or even find a open window or door!   OH also your insurance company may not pay out!

I often don't lock my door, wife never locks her car and yes I'm aware we would not be insured. But bear in mind if I hear you in my house I will be running downstairs naked, balls swinging in the wind like two large hairy spacehoppers and when I get you i will bum you dry.

Do you really want that?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

As an NSI gold co I do a risk assessment. It includes physical security, the approach to the building, the crime area, and the likeliness of a burglary occurring.

BTW on the unlikely chance of you getting in my house my dog wont let you leave with both legs