Security Installer Community

Need a new drill...

Deltaseven

main down side with drills is the batteries, replacements are just so expensive compared to the original cost of the unit.

Colin.

25705[/snapback]

I've found a place that will re-cell a battery pack with decent Panasonic or Sanyo cells for a fraction of the cost of a new unit, can't lay my hands the exact details at the moment but if I come across them I'll post them.

In the meantime, try Google!

re-cell a battery pack with decent Panasonic or Sanyo cells for a fraction of the cost of a new unit
We just had 3 X 24V Dewalt batteries done and was only charged £45, as you can see getting them revamped costs a fraction of the price of a replacement battery.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I've found a place that will re-cell a battery pack with decent Panasonic or Sanyo cells for a fraction of the cost of a new unit, can't lay my hands the exact details at the moment but if I come across them I'll post them.

25800[/snapback]

Oddly enough, they're called Recell!

• 2 weeks later...

Dewalt XRP 18V for the internal more delicate stuff LOL, and a Dewalt DW004 (24volt rotary) for the heavy stuff. Used to use the 24volt bosh - but I killed it LOL, better battery but the dewalt needs no effort at all to punch through walls.

Dave - I like the sound of recycling/refurbing the batts - who does that? - any links for me for future reff??

cheers. :)

25800[/snapback]

Oddly enough, they're called Recell!

25820[/snapback]

Dewalt XRP 18V for the internal more delicate stuff LOL, and a Dewalt DW004 (24volt rotary) for the heavy stuff.  Used to use the 24volt bosh - but I killed it LOL, better battery but the dewalt needs no effort at all to punch through walls.

Dave - I like the sound of recycling/refurbing the batts - who does that? - any links for me for future reff??

cheers:)

27274[/snapback]

Erm.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived