Security Installer Community

Door Contacts For Lifts? - What Would You Suggest?

JasonOfOz

Hi Everyone,

We have a clent's offices where the lifts open directly onto the office floor.

I have put a dual tech detector across the front of the lift doors but need something else to give me a confirmed alarm.

Has anyone got any thoughts/recommendations as to what to install onto lift doors? (Is there a contact that can be installed onto them?)

Alternatively, could we just position a quad detector infront of the lift area (so that it doesn't overlap with the dual tech) to give us the confirmed if anyone steps beyond the area where the keypad will be located?

That's a good idea.

Mind you I tend to give lift companies a wide berth because they seem to have a license to print money when you ask for the simplest of things.

Plus generally any wiring needs to be run from the lift motor room which is sometimes quite labour intensive.

Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised, so will ask the question.

Thanks!

Set of beams across the opening

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

As breff. Optex make some flush units that are much less obtrusive than the regular type (AX-100sr)

Also, not a problem over-lapping a quad and a dual tech or two dual techs, it's two PIRs you can't over-lap.

Edited by antinode

Trade Member

TMD is a good solution but if the detector is the FE then it will never cause a confirmed alarm. Could you aim your DT at the lift door and the TMD away from the door. As in after the keypad. Not ideal but may work.

As breff. Optex make some flush units that are much less obtrusive than the regular type (AX-100sr)

Also, not a problem over-lapping a quad and a dual tech or two dual techs, it's two PIRs you can't over-lap.

wow yes - thanks for this - I haven't used these ones before - definitely worth having a look at.

TMD is a good solution but if the detector is the FE then it will never cause a confirmed alarm. Could you aim your DT at the lift door and the TMD away from the door. As in after the keypad. Not ideal but may work.

Yes well as it's near the lifts, one of them will be the final exit one.

So can someone explain what the rule is on overlapping areas?

Previously I thought by using a TMD would mean I would only need a single detector - now i understand that's not the case, so what is the point of a TMD?