Security Installer Community

Free Lunch?

Not really sure where to post this but here goes.

We've just had a heated debate in the office about whether or not Engineers should be offered a lunch allowance each day (£5).

We have considered this quite a lot and it seems to make sense.

Apparently since Engineers have no "fixed" work place, so they can be given lunch without any impact on tax (not sure if this is true but happy to be corrected).

It would be great to get a straw poll on whether your employer pays for your lunch or if you are an employer, do you provide lunch to your staff?

We would like to do this as it seems like the right thing to do but it would be great to get your views.

If working away we cover all meals and drinks otherwise no.

I assume you mean away as in not coming home that day? Even so makes no difference, i cannot see why there is an entitlement, my place of work is my home, if i go to the office i pay for my own lunch, as does everybody else who goes to the office from their home, even though their main place of work is the office.

If you don't want to have to buy lunch then take a packed lunch, that's what i did for years. And before anybody says it, if it's hot get a cool bag, if it's cold take a flask with hot soup.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Not that I don't agree Adrian, I'd do the same but their argument is if they were at home they could make a meal for £2.50 but are forced to buy one for £7 as they are being forced away from home. Surprising how the offer of a couple of free pints gets volunteers to do those jobs far away.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Not that I don't agree Adrian, I'd do the same but their argument is if they were at home they could make a meal for £2.50 but are forced to buy one for £7 as they are being forced away from home. Surprising how the offer of a couple of free pints gets volunteers to do those jobs far away.

Like i said packed lunch, if staff on the road get lunch then so should office staff, all very short sighted IMHO depending on staff numbers all that cash just comes of the bottom line, eventually something will have to give. Usually jobs.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom