Security Installer Community

Self Employed Sub Contactors Rates.

Plus my best tip is like everyone said is GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING + Your price is what you can live on.   No Point working when you can't even feed yourself or pay mortgage.   I know a sparky who charges a high Daily rate but he always busy and always got new vans and etc but he wants to charge higher so he can live a higher life.   If that make sense. 

Edited by AlarmScot

If you have a van and all tools I would say £175 local work and any work beyond 20 miles £215

The last sub I did back in January was £190 a day and was for the 5 days.

Just make sure you get everything in writing and a P.O for the job detailing what it involves etc and when you will get paid. Even if the job involves a close friend etc get everything in writing and signed off.

Don't suppose you have an example of "everything in writing" to show us wannabe subbies?

cheers

Salary is not always enough to live on. 

What I am trying to say is,  Charge to make sure you cover your basics and extra to then grow.

I've bitten my tongue up to now but you are either extremely niaive or taking the piss.

You might of course be both.