Security Installer Community

Ismarthome Alarm

Sounds like it's going to go full circle and end up semi-monitored again.

A bit odd they don't have an external siren to start out with. Tempted to order one, but it sounds like you need a US phone number to register. Might just wait until they are released in the UK.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

I've toyed with the idea of this as a queue option for my SelfMon service, but not sure customers would pay additional monthly fees for it.  If it were an on demand pay X amount per request, then that may work. 

Can you just imagine the amount of whining because they missed the 1st 'free' call then had to pay, and how it wasn't their fault, etc...

I'm not endorsing the idea, but surely monthly or nothing.

I'm sure not :) we are looking at backing it up with a guard response to site as there is little point a human in an arc trying to call the same numbers that the self monitoring failed as its clear the people can't take the call. Like this afternoon I've been to the cinema so robo dial or human, I couldn't deal with an alarm hence the idea of a guard.

That's true about people not answering. So then we're into people viewing the remote cam for you. Would JP accept it?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I'm sure not :) we are looking at backing it up with a guard response to site as there is little point a human in an arc trying to call the same numbers that the self monitoring failed as its clear the

people can't take the call. Like this afternoon I've been to the cinema so robo dial or human, I couldn't deal with an alarm hence the idea of a guard.

I was thinking more on the level of concern. Ie. When selfmon escalates to confirmed, then pass up a level to the arc to analyse. Use machine learning algo to escalate.

There's no getting in the way of progress...

Edited by GalaxyGuy