Security Installer Community

Alarm Installation Training Course

rugbyboy96

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site but i have been in the security industry for about 10 years mainly cctv installation and sales i am looking for a training course in wales(south if possible) in installation of intruder alarm systems i am competent in cctv and so far and  i have done about 15 wireless systems (visonic and enforcer kits) but would really like to know more about wired systems does anyone know if there are any courses locally i have looked everywhere on line and can only find london and manchester courses and the obvious tavcom ones

thanks in advance

The best way in all honesty is to learn on the tools,a crash course really isn't the way to go in my opinion a lot of it is learnt over real on site scenarios.

Do you know anyone or firms locally that may have you on for a bit of labour on some jobs etc?

Courses are not the best way to learn how to install hard wired IMHO. You cant teach lifting the right floorboard or drilling angles, or hiding cables, ect ect in a classroom. If I wanted to learn this industry I would approach all the local co's and see if they want an apprentice. You are willing to pay for training courses so I guess you wouldnt mind getting paid to learn even if it was a low wage. If you already have experience of wireless and CCTV you already have something to offer a potential employer. Depending how fast you pick it up you could be a good engineer in six months

• 2 weeks later...

I think our company gets lads who come to us for this.

I had a guy who was out of work and wanted to see if he wanted to do this type of work as he had been a sparky before.

I think he just wanted see how we install alarms and etc.

And here's me thinking you were part of Interflora.