Security Installer Community

Help! Problem Starting Honeywell Galaxy Flex 20

You don't have to acknowledge the tamper if you are in engineering mode.  You just need to 'esc' out and get the 'checking tampers' message.  If you still receive the tamper warning for 0004, then the contact between the 'T' and '0V' terminals is not good. If you have a meter, then check these pins to ensure there is no voltage differential present. Ie. 0V.   If you get 0V, then the board may be faulty, or be in some wierd 'Flex' state.

you just cost me a call out!

Thank you GalaxyGuy,

I just did what you said and I got 0V between T and 0V.

I think I have one solution left: Cold Start (51.17.4) to set all settings back to default setting.  Do you think that could be a solution?

Thank you GalaxyGuy,

I just did what you said and I got 0V between T and 0V.

I think I have one solution left: Cold Start (51.17.4) to set all settings back to default setting.  Do you think that could be a solution?

You have nothing to lose if you're going to have to swap the board out anyway.

I solve "by accident" the "0004 AUX TAMPER" problem by setting all the outputs (1001 to 1024) to "spare" (latch) and output *99 to E/E Horn (latch), then restart the system.

Thanks all!

Note that this is the first time I have an alarm system and I find that the Galaxy Flex is nice piece of hardware, with a lot of software options.  I got mine through securitywarehouse because it is not easy to find this kind of system open for diyers here in Belgium.  Until now, I like it very much even though it is not newbie-friendly.

Edited by ftikai

I think that the system has detected that the T-0V jumper has been removed momentarily (yes, I hooked this wire by mistake by installing the phone input)

Trying to understand the statement above.  Did you connect your phone line to the T connection ?

Your solution ^^^ sounds a bit odd as these are outputs and your fault is an input.

Edited by GalaxyGuy