Security Installer Community

Sub Contractors

paul44

But if they are NSI they should only use NSI companies as subcontractors, and shouldn't allow you to do the work you have stated whether you have worked for them in the past or not

But, what does it matter?

But if they are NSI they should only use NSI companies as subcontractors, and shouldn't allow you to do the work you have stated whether you have worked for them in the past or not

What makes you think Nsi companies can only subcontract to Nsi approved companies only? This is true when using another company to provide response to callouts but not man and van to fit a system in behalf of a Nsi approved firm.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

What makes you think Nsi companies can only subcontract to Nsi approved companies only? This is true when using another company to provide response to callouts but not man and van to fit a system in behalf of a Nsi approved firm.

Bit more than a man and a van thank you.

And there are some jobs a non badged company may be far better at. NSI say you can't use them to get a better job?

I don't think so.

Can't remember if this has been updated but it may help

www.nsi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/.../NACP-3-Iss2-Sub-Contracters.pdf

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

A lot of miss conceptions here. To work for an NSI co as a subcontractor you must be screened thats it. It doesnt matter if you are a member of any other body including SSAIB you just have to account for the last five years and have good credit.

We do very little if any subbing anymore but in the past have installed/commissioned/serviced/connected signalling/hand over plenty of systems.  But I did work for that company on the cards for several years

you did the pmv's for intruder ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

A lot of miss conceptions here. To work for an NSI co as a subcontractor you must be screened thats it. It doesnt matter if you are a member of any other body including SSAIB you just have to account for the last five years and have good credit.

And as this industry/trade is not listed as required by the DBS, it becomes a criminal offence to do one.

Therefore the screening is not exactly watertight.

Archived