Security Installer Community

Turning On Texecom Premier 48 For First Time

zerozero

Unless you bought it from cheapjacks.com all SLA batteries retailed should have a 100% charge.

Aha that is important. Thanks

I will check with multimeter but this is good to know.

I dont know the panel but battery first in the old days of fuses was to ensure it popped a fuse not a component

Thanks James, but sorry if I'm being thick - I still don't understand this. This panel has fuses for both the PSU and the battery, so why would the risk to components be different depending on power source? Was this not the case "in the old days" or is there something else going on that I am not understanding?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and advice.

So I turned it on. Lots of messages including Battery Fail (which I wasn't expecting as the batt is connected) and AC Mains off..

Connected the mains and it blew the fuse before the PSU.. what could cause this?

I replaced the white fuse with a clear one that was in the accessories pack that came with it but this blew also and I'm not sure what to do next as I don't think I have a spare 3.15 A slow blow fuse lying around/

If I disconnect the battery now will the main alarm go off? If so how do I turn the system off to troubleshoot without causing the main bell to go off (test strobe 3 times?) and what should I look for when troubleshooting?

Thanks for any help!

lol

Yesterday I was going to say, check for any wiring shorts first........................

I never power any panels up with any aux power connected. Only powered items are network devices, keypads/rios etc.

Then add powers from there. 

Probably a legacy from scantronic days

Archived