Security Installer Community

Bt Infinity With Hh3

datadiffusion

Went back to site this Am

Changed the name from Cctv Dvr to just dvr

Changed the port forwarding so rather than one list of 3 ports, it was 3 separate services

Avoided using the name Cctv in any of the above

No reboot, worked immediately... Ffs bt, what a load of junk.

And how much time have you spent trying to sort that?

On site first time, an hour I'd say wasted :sneaky:

On here, half an hour moaning I guess!

Return to site, just 5 mins thankfully, and its 2 mins from home... for once.... and the tea and cakes made it ok, plus straight onto the m/way for the next job.

Would have done it by teamviewer otherwise.

At least in future I'll do it that way and that way only, regardless of HH type and if its infinity or not, and it should work...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

On site first time, an hour I'd say wasted :sneaky:

At least in future I'll do it that way and that way only, regardless of HH type and if its infinity or not, and it should work...

That's the problem wit BT - should work.

They always seem to throw a curve ball in there with constant changes they keep making.

Yet to see a HH5, I did have a free HH4 myself but binned it for a commercial grade double WAN TP-link with rackmount bits...

The last thing I ever thought was that I'd need it for 'training'.

To show how pi55poor the firmware on the BT is, every time I tried to create the mobile port forwarding on port 18004, it would insist

on displaying it as POP3 over on the device page until I deleted it and recreated it exactly the same. Lucky I spotted it and it only took

a few seconds to redo. And I don't think any of the clients use that port anyway, even the mobile phones themselves as the app uses 9000.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

OK, do you mean, you have DVR - 80, 8000. 18000 all in one - which is how I used to have it, or

DVR WEB - 80, DVR CLIENT - 8000, DVR MOBILE - 18000 as 3 separate services which is how I have it now?

Thats what seemed to work for me... OK, I know the rules, change one variable at a time, so won't know if it was that or the name change.

But it works, and is still working :)

OK, do you mean, you have DVR - 80, 8000. 18000 all in one - which is how I used to have it, or

DVR WEB - 80, DVR CLIENT - 8000, DVR MOBILE - 18000 as 3 separate services which is how I have it now?

I would do as above in red.